Macintosh Color Classic: CRT Adjustments
I show my newly acquired Macintosh Color Classic and how to adjust the CRT display. I briefly compare with an LC575 and close with an SE Reloaded project update. This is the first of several videos I intend to make on the Color Classic.
🙏 SPECIAL THANKS to Kay Koba in Tokyo who made this video possible.
• Kay will soon be offering the ROM-inator Kits for sale here: https://kero317.wixsite.com/kmmp
• Kay’s Blog is here: https://ameblo.jp/keroxiee1016/entry-12682620033.html
0:00 — Intro & Problem Description
1:24 — Opening the Case
2:33 — Adjustments Explained
5:20 — Plastic Tools & Rubber Gloves
7:21 — CAUTION & Warm-up
9:26 — Making Adjustments
18:18 —Thoughts about Performance
22:00 — Compared to LC575
23:14 — Special Thanks
25:02 — UPDATE: SE Reloaded Project
🛠️ THINGS TO BUY:
• Torx T15 with LONG 18″ (46cm) neck (to open vintage Macs): https://amzn.to/2ScAskx
• Dual-lined Rubber Gloves for Electrical work (Amazon Japan): https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00J6Z7JF4/
• High Voltage Rubber Gloves (Amazon USA): https://amzn.to/30ivzxN
NOTE: I think these high voltage gloves are probably too thick to be usable for a Mac CRT application. Even dishwashing gloves are better than nothing at all. Unfortunately, the gloves I purchased from Amazon Japan (which I feel are just right), aren’t sold on Amazon USA.
• Goot brand 6pc CRT Adjustment Tool kit (Amazon Japan): https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0036RJ5GE/
• 6pc CRT Adjustment Tool kit (Amazon USA): https://amzn.to/3jojfmD
NOTE: I’ve not used this kit, but it seems like a very similar version, but perhaps a slightly lesser quality, of the Goot kit I bought on Amazon.
• 9pc CRT Adjustment Tool kit (Amazon USA): https://amzn.to/3vg8ZBB
NOTE: Quality of this kit seems on par with my Goot kit, but comes at a higher price than the 6pc kit.
💵 NOTE: Your price on Amazon (US only) is the same even if you don’t click the “amzn.to” Affiliate links above, but if you do kindly click and purchase within 24 hours, Amazon may pay me a small commission on all qualifying items in your Cart (even items not linked above).
• My screen size template for US Letter paper: https://bit.ly/3BJeJGc
• My screen size template for A4 paper: https://bit.ly/3lGmgA8
• Service Source (jump to “Adjustments” section): https://bit.ly/3j6fCBz
• Most of the Service Source adjustments on 1 page (see pg.101): https://bit.ly/3j5un7t
• General advice about the rotatable Purity tabs on Sony Trinitron CRTs: https://bit.ly/2YOXu8t
• Boot from a specific SCSI ID (CMD-OPT-Shift-DEL-ID#): https://bit.ly/3FZw7JB
• Display Service Utility: https://bit.ly/3j9XQgI
• System Enabler 401 to boot CC from System 7.1 (not needed for 7.5): https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/apple-system-enablers
• JPEGview (view Jpg & Tiff files Full Screen): https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/jpegview
🙏 SINCERE & HUMBLE THANKS TO:
• Mauro Acciaccaferri (monthly channel contributor via Paypal)
💰SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL
🎬 MY VIDEOS
#ColorClassic #SonyTrinitron #CRTalignment #JDW
Views : 1384